Serves: 4-6 people
1 Veal Breast (boneless)
600g Chopped Spinach (drained)
2 cups Mozzarella (grated)
1 Red Pepper (chopped)
2 Dorot Frozen Basil Cubes
2 Dorot Frozen Garlic Cubes
450ml Chicken Broth
¼cup White Wine (or water)
3 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp salt
1. Mix together the pepper, ½tsp poultry seasoning and 1 Dorot basil & 1 Dorot garlic cube and season the outer side of the meat with this mixture.
2. In a bowl, combine the spinach, salt, Mozzarella, red pepper, 1½tsp poultry seasoning, 1 Dorot basil & 1 Dorot garlic cube.
3. Spread the spinach mixture evenly over the inside of the meat and then roll up tightly and tie with string at regular intervals.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy roasting pan on a high heat and brown the roast on all sides.
5. Pour the chicken broth on top and roast at 180°Cfor 1½hours.
6. Remove roast and leave to rest prior to carving.
7. Strain the liquid and skim fat. Combine with wine and cornstarch and bring to the boil. Then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring until thickened.
8. Carve the joint and serve with gravy.
Back to 'Recipes'